Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap - 2009-05-04

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 6 20:17:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 08:56:36 -0700,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> I honestly hadn't planned on doing regular snapshots during this period.
> Instead I was hoping for some test-days to drive the need for live
> images and/or full media images for a particular test target.  For
> people looking for a good "jumping off" point, they can install the GA
> of F11 and yum update to rawhide.

One thing that would help compensate for no alpha, is having usable boot.iso
images almost allt of the time. The last couple rawhides there have been
significant stretches when there were either no boot.iso images being produced
or the current ones weren't usable (or at least not for some types of
installs).

I think there was talk at one time of keeping usable ones around for a while
in case of either failed or unusable builds.