Moblin 2 and Fedora

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 7 15:28:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 10:06 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Seriously, is that team even *part* of Intel?  Because the Poulsbo Linux
> team is completely different than any of the other Intel Linux teams
> I've had the actual pleasure of interacting with.

At least originally, no, they weren't. Intel contracted the Poulsbo
driver development out to another company (which has since itself been
bought out by VMware). Now, however, it isn't clear if it's those guys
or guys who really are with Intel or what who are doing whatever
development is actually happening.

I suspect what may be happening is the original group is continuing to
work on the crack-addled drivers that show up in the Ubuntu repos from
time to time, while a different group works on creating a
non-crack-addled driver that'll be sent through the proper processes.
But that's just my guess, as no-one at Intel seems to want to say
anything.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey