Re: removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Thursday, May 07 2009, Nathanael D. Noblet said:
  I ran the following command this morning:
sudo yum --disableplugin=remove-with-leaves groupremove "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

I added the remove-with-leaves because when I ran it with that it was removing all sorts of stand alone programs like mysql-server and other stuff completely unrelated to kde... In any case, the command above produced the following list of packages to remove...
[snip]
Why are gedit, NetworkManager-gnome, gstreamer-ffmpeg and gstreamer-plugins-ugly being removed? Is this a bug?

NetworkManager-gnome is listed in the KDE comps group (as the KDE
plasmoid isn't ready yet afaik) and thus gets removed when you ask to
remove the group.  I expect gedit and the gstreamer packages are due to
something similar in the group or one of their deps being explicitly
listed in the group

So not a *bug* persay? Does yum not see that NetworkManager-gnome is in more than one group, and since another group requires it to leave it alone? Should it? Basically all I need to know is if this situation warrants a bug report.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
T: 403.875.4613