removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu May 7 16:27:11 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>    I ran the following command this morning:
>> sudo yum --disableplugin=remove-with-leaves groupremove "KDE (K Desktop
>> Environment)"
>
> There's currently a lot of overlap between desktop environments.  So,
> removing all of kde may well pull out components otherwise used by other
> DE's as well.

Fair enough. Which brings me to my next question, should a bug be filed
against whatever yum/rpm component that does group removal? Should it
not see that a package exists in multiple groups, and only remove when
no other installed group requires it? Wouldn't that be logical? Seems
like a good idea...

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
T: 403.875.4613