removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:29:36 UTC 2009

2009/5/7 Nathanael D. Noblet <nathanael at gnat.ca>:
> So not a *bug* persay? Does yum not see that NetworkManager-gnome is in more
> than one group, and since another group requires it to leave it alone?
> Should it? Basically all I need to know is if this situation warrants a bug
> report.

The problem is yum doesn't remember which groups you have installed.
Hence it cannot do what you describe.

The only reliable information is the rpm database and that does not
have any information about the reason a package was installed for
(requesting installation of that package itself, installation of a
group with that package, installation as a dependency, etc.)

- Thomas