Re: removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

Rex Dieter wrote:
Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

Hello,
   I ran the following command this morning:
sudo yum --disableplugin=remove-with-leaves groupremove "KDE (K Desktop
Environment)"

There's currently a lot of overlap between desktop environments.  So,
removing all of kde may well pull out components otherwise used by other
DE's as well.

Fair enough. Which brings me to my next question, should a bug be filed against whatever yum/rpm component that does group removal? Should it not see that a package exists in multiple groups, and only remove when no other installed group requires it? Wouldn't that be logical? Seems like a good idea...

Logical, but then so is the other view - the user asked us to remove pkgs X Y and Z. This means remove all things depending on them, too.

-sv