Re: removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Thomas Moschny wrote:

2009/5/7 Nathanael D. Noblet <nathanael gnat ca>:
So not a *bug* persay? Does yum not see that NetworkManager-gnome is in more
than one group, and since another group requires it to leave it alone?
Should it? Basically all I need to know is if this situation warrants a bug
report.

The problem is yum doesn't remember which groups you have installed.
Hence it cannot do what you describe.

You mean it doesn't know that a package was installed as part of a group install, vs a package in a group happens to have been installed? I ask because I can do grouplist, and it shows me which groups are installed...

I've manually re-installed NetworkManager-gnome, and KDE isn't in the installed groups but ion the Available groups... So I'm not sure what the limitation is I guess.

It is not so much 'knowing' as guessing based on what your comps files say NOW and what you have installed.

-sv