182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:59:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> How is it we have 182 stable updates pending for F11 already?  How have
> these seen any testing by a wider audience?  Are we really just not
> bothering with updates-testing anymore?  Do we not care about distro
> stability?
>
> I know that many of these are newpackages, but many aren't though.
> </frustrated>
>
> --
> Jesse Keating
> Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!
> identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating

Speaking only for the 1 package I contributed to that 182, this was a
change in the subpackage structure that was needed in a package that
depends on mine.  It was a minor change, but I pushed it to -testing
for F-10 and F-11 anyway.  I tested it for a week in F-10 and in
Rawhide with no ill effects, so I pushed it to stable for F-10 and
F-11 so that the other packager can go do what he needs to do to his
package.

If this was the wrong way to address the problem, please educate me on
the correct way.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/