182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu May 7 19:50:23 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> How is it we have 182 stable updates pending for F11 already?  How have
> these seen any testing by a wider audience?  Are we really just not
> bothering with updates-testing anymore?  Do we not care about distro
> stability?
>
> I know that many of these are newpackages, but many aren't though.
> </frustrated>

My experience is that most commercial users do not bother with logging
into Bhodi or even know it exists.

Another problem is that EPEL doesn't /yet/ use bhodi, so it has a
different workflow -- meaning EPEL-testing doesn't really test anything,
it means "rolls every 30-40 days", and that's about it.
So testing has to happen manually, Fedora is the minority use case.

Having a way to vote/comment without FAS would probably be enormously
helpful in getting more users to use the system, once EPEL uses the same
system.

--Michael