Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On 05/07/2009 09:50 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
How is it we have 182 stable updates pending for F11 already? How have
these seen any testing by a wider audience? Are we really just not
bothering with updates-testing anymore? Do we not care about distro
stability?

I know that many of these are newpackages, but many aren't though.
</frustrated>

My experience is that most commercial users do not bother with logging
into Bhodi or even know it exists.

Another problem is that EPEL doesn't /yet/ use bhodi, so it has a
different workflow -- meaning EPEL-testing doesn't really test anything,
it means "rolls every 30-40 days", and that's about it.
So testing has to happen manually, Fedora is the minority use case.

Having a way to vote/comment without FAS would probably be enormously
helpful in getting more users to use the system, once EPEL uses the same
system.

Definitely. Whenever I ask users to test an update and then comment in bodhi, the latter never happens. They test the update and 2 weeks later I get a nag mail from bodhi about updates still sitting around. I move them to stable since I at least had the original reporter test it and verify it worked.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell redhat com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI