Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Thu, 7 May 2009, David Cantrell wrote:

On 05/07/2009 09:50 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
How is it we have 182 stable updates pending for F11 already? How have
these seen any testing by a wider audience? Are we really just not
bothering with updates-testing anymore? Do we not care about distro

I know that many of these are newpackages, but many aren't though.

My experience is that most commercial users do not bother with logging
into Bhodi or even know it exists.

Another problem is that EPEL doesn't /yet/ use bhodi, so it has a
different workflow -- meaning EPEL-testing doesn't really test anything,
it means "rolls every 30-40 days", and that's about it.
So testing has to happen manually, Fedora is the minority use case.

Having a way to vote/comment without FAS would probably be enormously
helpful in getting more users to use the system, once EPEL uses the same

Definitely. Whenever I ask users to test an update and then comment in bodhi, the latter never happens. They test the update and 2 weeks later I get a nag mail from bodhi about updates still sitting around. I move them to stable since I at least had the original reporter test it and verify it worked.

I frequently have the same experience.