182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu May 7 20:21:57 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> I don't see anything wrong with this, as you're getting somebody to test
> it before you move it.  The thing that bothered me was how many packages
> were going straight into updates without passing -testing.

Well, as you just pointed out yourself, F11 testing is nonfunctional as
yet.  But the bigger problem is that putting stuff into -testing seldom
accomplishes anything, at least for my packages.  I think I might
possibly have gotten one bodhi comment across all the times I let stuff
sit in -testing until nagged; I have certainly *never* seen anything
pushed by the karma mechanism.  If maintainers decide it's a waste of
time, there is not a lot you can say against them.

			regards, tom lane