Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 22:09 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> (3) Something depends on this new package.  Since I can't build
> anything against the new package until it goes into stable, and I
> don't to wait 2+ weeks to trigger the build of the dependent package,
> I essentially am forced to push packages to stable as soon as
> possible.
>
> Of which item (3) is the most annoying.

I could have sworn this was documented in the package update wiki page,
but it's not (please somebody wanna throw it in there somewhere?)

You can request a buildroot override, which allows you to build your
packages against something that hasn't gone stable yet.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/SOP/BuildRootOverrides
is what releng uses to describe the task, but that's not quite
appropriate for end user documentation.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!