Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
2009/5/7 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg hi is>:
Hum so for all the 1100+ packages that come with the default ( dvd ) install
hum mentioning the dvd is not really far so I shall just mention the 182
updates waiting!

You want a notification that nags you all day long..

you misread... i said give me a list of 5 out of the hundreds and nag
me to drop a comment about one of them. have the 5 differ on each
notification attempt. Once I drop at least one comment..it stops
nagging me for the day.  At no point did i say his is something
everyone would want. But I know my work patterns and I know I need
help taking the pile of testing updates and turning them into
bite-sized chunks of information. Really its not that much different
than twitter alerts from people interrupting my UI...except instead of
messages from people i know..its messages about packages I've
installed.

Yeah, I agree, I recently enabled -testing so I could get the crazy new shiny 2.6.29 kernels which I found fixed a bunch of stuff. Also recently a colleague of mine who has since converted to linux but is by no means an expert, were discussing ways to contribute back (particularly because he gets frustrated with regressions in some programs) how to help. I mentioned, turn on the -testing repo and file bugs... If that was easy for them (or me) to do, it would be great.

I would most definitely agree that a way to mark the list of packages in testing I'm interested in watching/filling comments for would be great.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
T: 403.875.4613