Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Tom Lane wrote:
Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> writes:
How is it we have 182 stable updates pending for F11 already?

What do you expect, when the release freeze policy essentially forbids
any noncritical updates for a month?  People don't stop working just
because releng wants to simplify their own lives.

The only reason there aren't 184 is I haven't bothered to try to
push my pending updates for mysql and postgresql ... but they'll
be in the zero-day update queue just like a lot of other things.

Exactly, ... Keating's complaint is just a side-effect of the Fedora bureaucracy and the freezes.

Unlike before, when the nasty side-effects of the freezes solely hit the packagers they now are hitting him ...

One work-around seems obivous to me: Launch updates/f11 and testing/f11 repos now.

Ralf