Another update, another reboot, no sound!

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Fri May 8 06:34:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 16:48 -0500, Jud Craft wrote:
> Try going into Skype's Options -> Audio Options.

Thanks, but I've spent hours in that dialog :)

> Perhaps Skype can't figure out what sound device to use.  Make sure
> it's set to "PulseAudio", and then try a test call.  If there are
> other devices in that list, you could try each one until you get it to
> work.  There's only a few of them.
>
> An inconvenience, yes.  If this does not work, then you may have
> deeper troubles.

It never worked properly with "pulse" as a sound device for me.
The problem is that it used to work _only_ via my USB headphones,
but not anymore...

> I have no ideas for VirtualBox, don't use it.  From what I hear,
> virtualized sound is an entirely different can of worms, and I'm not
> surprised it doesn't work.

That one I tested a few days ago, it was working just fine. Once
again, it broke just now. Isn't F11 close to the official release?
Why does the sound keep breaking that late in the game?

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.