Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 10:59 +0200, Michal Hlavinka wrote:

> I really agree with this. I think we need F11/updates and F11/updates-testing
> soon after devel freeze. You get bugs reported for snapshots, previews,... but
> fixing these bugs and especially delivering them to users is too much difficult
> imho.

Erm, it's too hard to do the build, then propose a freeze break to fix
the bug?  If the bug is important enough that you're getting reports on
it, why not propose that the final release has the bug fixed?

> In my dreamworld we have rawhide -> F11, F11/updates, F11/updates-testing in a
> few days after devel freeze. I think at least F11/updates-testing (without
> F11/updates available before day or two ago F11 GA) would be really
> appreciated by developers.

I'm not sure what you mean by rawhide -> F11, however you do bring up an
interesting idea.  Shortly after the freeze, if we did start releasing
updates-testing, then the things that pass -testing could indeed go to
the release rather than updates.  That's not a terrible idea, I'll have
to think some on it and talk with the bodhi developer.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!