Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

> If we don't maintain two general releases in parallel, we are cutting
> short to a six month release *and* update cycle instead of a release
> cycle of six months and update cycle of 13 months, approx. Do you have
> an alternative?

Not really, I just said it would be easier.  No matter how long our
development or support cycle is, I don't think we'd ever be able to
"shut down" N-1 as soon as N is released.  Too many people will want
more time to move from N-1 to N so we'll always have multiple streams
going.  Things would be easier if we could enforce that no N-1(+updates)
package is NVR higher than the packages in N, but that involves doing
some unsavory things to package n-v-rs or epochs.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!