Re: OpenOffice 3.1

>>> mounted via an entry in fstab, not gio/gvfs... Files opened over the
>>> network are opened read-only no matter what mount options I give.
>
> It is enabled... Disabling it doesn't change the behaviour. I can
> create/save a file, but I can't open it and save it.

This problem is most likely caused by the samba server. New linux kernels
(2.6.25+) can't properly talk to old (buggy) samba servers.

However, kernel 2.6.28 and later has a workaround with a new mount
parameter (nodfs) that will make it work again.

Kernel 2.6.29 is almost here for F10 I believe.

/Dennis