182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 9 01:13:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 03:00 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > There is no reason to delay the F10 update.  Trying to avoid NVR
> > breakage is a lost cause, it'll be broken between F10 updates and F11 GA
> > almost immediately.
> They are only broken, because your practices force them to be broken.
>
> This is a defect of your approach to preparing Fedora releases.

Please explain how Jesse could possibly build the release discs such
that it would ever work to upgrade from F10+updates to F11 GA. This has
nothing to do with the release prep process, but how we version update
packages (we version them in such a way that an update shipped for
Fedora N-1 can often become versioned higher than the version of that
package in Fedora N release repos, and that's not a problem you can ever
'fix' in the ISO generation process).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey