OpenOffice 3.1

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat May 9 11:51:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 03:02 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Caolán McNamara wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 15:17 -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> >>    So are there plans to update f10 OpenOffice to 3.1?
> >
> > No, no such plans.
>
> Uhm, why?

Well, in this case updating F-10 3.1 properly would require updating a
load of other stuff as well with all the risks and work that entails.
But even if that wasn't the case I generally don't bump major versions
of OOo in a released product. I see our fedora release cycle as ones of
iterative stable complete releases, rather than one which has an
always-open pool of stable packages which always contains the latest
stable version of a package. i.e. F-10 was history as soon as it was
released, and F-11 is likewise almost dead to me already :-) Not that I
won't fix bugs in them, just that I don't see them as live development
releases.

C.