Re: glibc fork ?

On 05/08/2009 12:28 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 05/07/2009 08:35 PM, Denis Leroy wrote:
http://www.eglibc.org/home

So are we moving to eglibc as well ? :-)

So what happened ? Overreaction from Debian guy, or poor community
management from RH guy ?

eglibc FAQ claims that it wants to be binary and source compatible and
will rebase regularly with Glibc and that doesn't seem much of a fork.
Seems more like a people conflict. Good luck to them.

Indeed good luck to them.

But if the eglibc fork stands (unlikely IMO) and Canonical switches as well, I'd like to see RH fire Drepper.