Re: OpenOffice 3.1

On 05/09/2009 11:28 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 12:51 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:

Well, in this case updating F-10 3.1 properly would require updating a
load of other stuff as well with all the risks and work that entails.
But even if that wasn't the case I generally don't bump major versions
of OOo in a released product. I see our fedora release cycle as ones of
iterative stable complete releases, rather than one which has an
always-open pool of stable packages which always contains the latest
stable version of a package. i.e. F-10 was history as soon as it was
released, and F-11 is likewise almost dead to me already :-) Not that I
won't fix bugs in them, just that I don't see them as live development
releases.

I thank you for this!

 -2 - I dont thank you at all.

   That is silly. We are happy to have kernel updates, and a minor but useful openoffice update is hardly a huge risk ... put it in testing and let people see if any issues arise - i'd be happy to try it from testing.

    I might agree that we shud leave openoffice 4.1 for fedora 12 ... but 3.0 to 3.1 .. sighs ...

g/