Re: OpenOffice 3.1

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 13:12 -0400, Mail Llists wrote:
>  -2 - I dont thank you at all.
>
>    That is silly. We are happy to have kernel updates, and a minor but
> useful openoffice update is hardly a huge risk ... put it in testing and
> let people see if any issues arise - i'd be happy to try it from testing.
>
>     I might agree that we shud leave openoffice 4.1 for fedora 12 ...
> but 3.0 to 3.1 .. sighs ...

Numbers are generally meaningless.  What's "3.0" to "3.1" for one
project could be a completely different kind of change in another
project.  More to the point, the maintainer knew that such an update
would require updating many other things, greatly increasing the risk of
introduced bugs.  The maintainer made a decision which correctly follows
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Package_update_guidelines .

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!