FESco meeting summary for 20090507

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat May 9 18:54:52 UTC 2009

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 09.05.2009, 19:36 +0200 schrieb Milos Jakubicek:
>
>>> == Deactivated maintainers ==
>>>
>>> FESCo approved orphaning packages owned by deactivated maintainers
>>>
>> Could you please send then a list of packages that are going to be orphaned?
>
> Most likely: http://toshio.fedorapeople.org/pkg-orphans.txt

I've updated this list.  We're down to 91 packages.  I'll perform the
orphaning tomorrow.

>>From this list:
>> audacious-plugins-docklet      yufan []
>
> This package never existed. Upstream disappeared, maintainer is AWOL and
> it was never built, see
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4520
>
> How to get rid of this zombie?

If a package hasn't been built I can get rid of it by manually taking it
out of pkgdb, koji, and cvs.  This one, however, looks like it was
actually built under a different name:
  https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1350

Looks like the review didn't catch that the package name and Name: in
the spec file didn't match.

And it looks like you've applied the Package EOL Guidelines

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

to this so I think we're all set now.

Note, the packagedb will have a way to retire packages soon.  I'm
presently working out bugs in the new version so that we can deploy it.
 We might have to figure out some new processes to make use of retiring
and write some supplemental code (like code for pkgdb/cvs to do the
dead.package dance) to make this fully effective.

Thanks!
-Toshio