Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 21:33 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > I'll tell you the three reasons I'm pushing stuff directly to stable:
> >
> > (1) New package.
> > [cut]
>
> Is it a good practice to push a new package to stable?

Why not? The purpose of testing is to find out if the package breaks
something. In the case of a new package there is no functionality of it
to break; the only possibility of getting into trouble is if the package
itself hasn't been made correctly (clashing file names or so on), which
should be in any case picked up in the review.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor