[OT] was Re: FESco meeting summary for 20090507

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun May 10 21:57:10 UTC 2009

Chris Adams wrote:
> My 32-bit-only Thinkpad is a little over 3 years old but is still a good
> notebook (I have no plans to replace it any time soon, although I did
> recently put a bigger and faster hard drive in it).  I would expect
> 64-bit-capable desktops to have a majority by now, but I don't know that
> the same is true for notebooks.

It's funny because I have a 32-bit desktop and a 64-bit notebook. ;-) But
the 64-bit notebook is very recent because I just had to replace the
ancient Pentium II laptop (which was called a "notebook" at the time, but
I've never seen paper notebooks as thick as that "notebook" computer ;-) )
I've been using before, so my case is certainly not the average case. :-)

        Kevin Kofler