Re: Update -> b0rken eclipse

Unfortunately, https://bugs.eclipse.org/249133 :(

> >     http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/881/screenshotsoftwareupdat.png
> >
> >     Dali? Patch Features? WTF?!? All I want are the Web tools!

Okay, so you don't like the categorization upstream :)

> >     You parse the cryptic names, and install
> >     some EMF that might seem to help. Try again. Fail! Add GFE, that
> >     might help. Fail. Similar error at the _end_ of the install.

This is indeed a problem and should never happen.  And yes, p2's error
reporting in 3.4 needed work.  If we can figure out why this happens, we
can look at fixing it.  If anyone ever gets into this situation and can
reproduce, please let me know.

> > [...]
> >
> > When I add a site it should automatically read some metadata and add
> > any dependencies automatically, etc, etc.

Yes, it should.  There should really only be one site and it should be
pre-configured.  Unfortunately, https://bugs.eclipse.org/249133 .

Andrew