Downgrading Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 3.0

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon May 11 15:31:51 UTC 2009

On 05/11/2009 11:25 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> [...]

I never said that Mozilla releases should wait on extension releases. I
said that Firefox and Thunderbird packages in a "stable" Fedora should
be based on stable Mozilla releases, not pre-releases.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having Firefox 3.5b4 and
Thunderbird 3.0b2 in the updates-testing repository and rawhide, once
the release is out, but it's really problematic for users if they're
upgraded into an unsupported, unstable version of their most important
tools.

And as I said in a previous email: I can forgive Firefox 3.5b4 since
it's due to go stable before Fedora 12, but there's not a snowball's
chance in Hell that the same is true of Thunderbird.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Looking to carve out IT costs?