Re: Downgrading Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 3.0

On 05/11/2009 12:04 PM, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 08:07 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> OK, first off, why in $DEITY's name are we including Firefox 3.5b4 and
>> Thunderbird 3.0b2 in Fedora 11? These are unstable branches of the
>> browser and email client, and as such are supported by almost none of
>> the myriad of extensions available for the 3.0 and 2.0 versions,
>> respectively.
>>
>> I was more than a little disappointed when I upgraded my laptop to the
>> F11 Preview to discover that only two out of seven of my Thunderbird
>> extensions and three of my thirteen Firefox extensions remained functional.
>
> You could just... not upgrade your system to a pre-release Fedora.

Callum, my problem is that the final release of Fedora 11 is scheduled
to ship with these pre-release versions of Firefox and Thunderbird.

I'm fully aware that unstable software is expected in a pre-release Fedora.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Looking to carve out IT costs?