182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:19:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009 15:08:49 +0200, Kevin wrote:

[buildroot overrides / directly pushing to stable]

> It has also hit a few packages with Qt 4.5 in F9/F10 updates (even though I
> did warn about this issue on fedora-devel-announce! So we also need to make
> sure that people read those announcements before submitting builds!)

Of course. People doing updates must be careful in general. If all
ordinary updates were pushed to updates-testing first, this would reduce
the breakage.

Secret/silent buildroot overrides bear a risk. It's a potential race
condition for everyone who is not aware of such overrides.

For example, one can't expect a new package contributor, who may be
working on his first Fedora package, to know about buildroot overrides in
koji that may be active while building and preparing an update for bodhi.

Security/emergency-fixes are also affected by buildroot overrides.