Downgrading Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 3.0

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon May 11 16:27:21 UTC 2009

On 05/11/2009 12:20 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> On 05/11/2009 10:25 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> Stop, read, and listen to yourselves before replying to this
>> thread again.

>> On 05/11/2009 11:13 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> Callum, my problem is that the final release of Fedora 11 is scheduled
>> to ship with these pre-release versions of Firefox and Thunderbird.
>>
>> I'm fully aware that unstable software is expected in a pre-release
>> Fedora.
>>

> At this point you are just trolling. I'm done with this thread.

I'm not sure I understand. I see that there is a problem: Fedora 11 (the
final release) is scheduled to include two half-baked and highly
important components. Your solution is "Don't install a pre-release
Fedora". So I should not raise an issue to the attention of the
fedora-devel-list until it's too late to change it?

I'm not trolling, I just feel that the decision to ship these two
packages is wrong (or at least that the stable versions should also be
in the repository)

This is going to cause chaos and headaches to anyone who installs the
final release.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761