Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 12:43 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> I'd say we should be handing out live cds.  If DVD format is desired
> for various reasons, the ideal way it's structured would be that it'd
> be a live dvd, with the stuff that didn't fit from the corresponding
> comps set installed (I'm thinking OpenOffice here). How any remaining
> space should be filled is a matter for debate (do we do development
> tools?  servers?  popular games?  a mix of all?).

Whether it's a DVD or a Live image, it is still a static pile of
packages from a specific date in time.  Of course, the Live image
doesn't necessarily have the upgrade problem we're talking about,
because you can't use the live image to do an upgrade.  Makes it less
than useful for people.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!