SPARC Status (Was Re: Secondary Architecture Status?)

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:11:25 UTC 2009

I completely agree with everything posted by Spot and I (nor I assume
anyone) am aware of what Oracle's game plan is but they have announced
that they are planning to put more money into SPARC.

http://www.osnews.com/story/21458/Oracle_To_Invest_in_SPARC_Wants_to_Be_Like_Apple_Cisco

This would be nice because we could (hopefully) see some SPARC
workstations come back into play allowing people to become interested
in and contribute to the project once more. Don't know that it would
give the architecture enough of a user base to make it an applicable
architecture again, but its at least something I think should be
watched as time goes on.

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com