Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 11 18:35:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Seth Vidal wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Michael Nielsen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been told this is the right place to place this debate starter.
>>

>> You were told incorrectly.
>>
>> I'm sure there is a place for this kind of debate but it is SURELY not the
>> devel list.
> @RH ignorance?
>
> If not here, where else to discuss a distro's long term development?

but this isn't about the distro's long term development.

It's a rant, a screed. It's a tirade. It's going to render zero positive
results.

how do I know this? B/c I can, in fact, see into the near future.

Here's what I see - a 30-40 msg thread that has no signal and all noise.

I'm not going to bother with the rest of this thread.

I'm speaking here not as an employee at red hat but as an elected member
of the fedora board.

"This thread will bear no good results and I'm tired of
everything being full of bile and vitriol"

I won't be running for the fedora board in the next round of elections.
You can run, Ralf. I hope you have great success tilting at windmills.

-sv