Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 14:35 -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> Why do we not force updates to Fedora X to always be N-V-R older than
> Fedora X+1?  We can use the Release tag to enforce this within a
> Version, and newer Versions shouldn't appear in older Fedora's until
> they've been in the newer Fedora first.

"until they've been in the newer Fedora first" doesn't work with the
newer fedora release media is a static pile of packages.

Your suggest would lead to not allowing F10's package versions to /ever/
be newer than what Fedora 11 ships with at GA.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!