Re: SPARC Status (Was Re: Secondary Architecture Status?)

On 05/11/2009 07:40 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
Not to mention that Sun is about
to get swallowed up by Oracle, who I doubt will be overly concerned
about Linux/SPARC, so it is even less likely that we will see additional
code help or community involvement from them (as a contrast to IBM on
PPC/S390).

It's still too early to say how the acquisition is going to affect that effort, to be honest. Do you have any Sun contributors today to Fedora Linux/SPARC ? Most of the SPARC people you run into at Sun tend to be Solaris old-school fanatics (and vice-versa)...