yum-presto installed by default for Fedora 11?

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 11 20:15:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 15:51 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Dr. Diesel wrote:
>>

>>> Because of limited testing or some other limitation/factor?
>>>

>> Somewhat, yes. We wanted to be sure that we wouldn't be shipping something
>> out that would break everyone's updates/installs.
>>
>> And we were not completely sure.
>>
>> Considering how critical a component yum is we decided to punt on making
>> it default.
>>
>> -sv
>> --
>
> hi,
>
> Can we help test it? Has there been such a test day or something of the
> sort yet??

Yes. it was 2 weeks ago. We had some good results. Currently I do not
expect anything bad to happen but no one was confident enough in that
result to do it by default for F11.

Remember all you have to do to enable presto is run:

yum install yum-presto

and then it is enabled on the next run of yum.

-sv