182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 11 22:00:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 16:51 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> Anyways I'm not saying the DVDs shouldn't be possible to use for
> upgrading, what I'm arguing against is the user experience of the DVD
> where it just boots into anaconda and asks questions like "Do you want
> to install a server or a desktop?  Do you want OpenOffice?" etc.  A
> much better experience is for it to boot into a full working desktop,
> and from there you can image it to your drive if you like what you
> see, but also in the menus or somewhere else have other options.

The problem with this is that if we wanted to offer different options to
people, we have to host these huge binary images that hold large amounts
of duplicate data and then users have to download these huge things to
get a slight difference between them.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!