What is the best way to store information cross desktop

Hi all,

If one application (with GUI) wants to store informations (like
username, password, some other texts) cross desktop, what is the best
way to achieve that?

A Gnome application can use gconf/gnome keyring or a KDE application
can use KWallet, but those two are totally desktop specific. I know
people who use Gnome don't want to run KWallet or a KDE user will not
like to use any gnome way to store information.

I am working on Python (PyKDE4) based Wordpress blog client and I want
it to run properly on any desktop.

Kushal
--
http://fedoraproject.org