SPARC Status (Was Re: Secondary Architecture Status?)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 12 07:14:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 13:40 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> * Automated builds are not yet happening, although, when Dennis gets
> back from vacation, I'm going to work with him to setup koji-shadow to
> run on an aggressive cron job. I'd still like to see someone solve this
> problem correctly with a message bus, but as I have neither the skillset
> nor the time to do this, it will likely never happen. Which leads us to
> the next barrier:

It would be really useful to have this solved. If a secondary arch build
fails, we want to notify the packager as _soon_ as possible.

The sooner we tell them, the more likely they are to look at the problem
and resubmit the build for themselves -- which is the behaviour we want
to encourage.

If the notification arrives some time later when they've already
context-switched to something else, it's less likely to get dealt with.

Thanks for the update.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation