Re: What is the best way to store information cross desktop

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:59:57AM +0530, Kushal Das wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A Gnome application can use gconf/gnome keyring or a KDE application
> can use KWallet, but those two are totally desktop specific. I know
> people who use Gnome don't want to run KWallet or a KDE user will not
> like to use any gnome way to store information.

I am aware of 2 projects trying to solve that issue:
http://alumnit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=UniConf
http://www.libelektra.org/Main_Page

I now that elektra, although improving is in need of work. I don't know
anything about uniconf readiness.

--
Pat