Re: Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Callum Lerwick wrote:
On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 15:56 +0200, Michael Nielsen wrote:

IMO it is really badly time to do a "back-to-basics" approach, and to
clean up the system.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

Start from the bottom up and show us how it's done.

I've built my own distributions (embedded etc) before, however, the critism I trying
to bring out is general for Linux, and quite a few points I've brought up, are genuine
problems for new users to the system.

I work around the problems, and though they bug me, it doesn't take long for me to do
the work arounds and get the system to work properly, however, it seems wrong to me
to create a distribution that has a lot of issues, which I've seen grow, and not lessen.

A lot of the conflicts that I see in the system, cause problem for non-advanced users.