Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Brian Wheeler bdwheele at indiana.edu
Tue May 12 15:47:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 08:01 -0700, Otto Rey wrote:
> +1 in everything!!!
>
> We must to back to basics...

I don't see anything wrong with the way Fedora is heading.  I say this
as a non-redhat-affilated person, a desktop/laptop user and a sysadmin.

Are there problems in some of the ways things get done?  Sure, but
that's true of every distro/OS (especially if the issues in question are
from upstream).

If the quirks of Fedora you so much, then perhaps Fedora isn't the
distro for you...

So, with that said, Fedora developers:  Great job.  Especially in light
of the constant stream of "bikeshed flamewar of the week"

Is there a fedora-devel list faq somewhere, like the LKML faq?  It might
be useful to short out some of these threads...kind of like the annual
"Why don't we rewrite the Linux kernel in C++?" that shows up on lkml.

I think its important to have fedora-direction discussion here, but
unfortunately a lot of the "starter" messages are out of touch with
practicality...or aren't aware of why things are done the way they are.

Brian