Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Tue May 12 17:24:06 UTC 2009

Michael Nielsen wrote:

> I have spent months and years, trying to determine where I need to go to
> get some attention to the issues, and perhaps som influence on the
> issues that I'm pointing to here, however, I have not been able to
> locate anywhere, or anyone that is even remotely interested in gaining
> some sort of structure on the system.

I don't mean to sound obstinate when I say this, but perhaps it's
because what you're seeing as problems, many people don't. I for one see
many of the things you dislike as positives for the reasons I've stated
earlier. If Fedora switched to placing everything under /opt in the
fashion you described and artificially limiting the desktop in the ways
described earlier, I'd be dropping it like a hot potato in search of
something a little more sane.

--
Ian Chapman.