Re: Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Michael Nielsen wrote:

I have spent months and years, trying to determine where I need to go to get some attention to the issues, and perhaps som influence on the issues that I'm pointing to here, however, I have not been able to locate anywhere, or anyone that is even remotely interested in gaining some sort of structure on the system.

I don't mean to sound obstinate when I say this, but perhaps it's because what you're seeing as problems, many people don't. I for one see many of the things you dislike as positives for the reasons I've stated earlier. If Fedora switched to placing everything under /opt in the fashion you described and artificially limiting the desktop in the ways described earlier, I'd be dropping it like a hot potato in search of something a little more sane.

--
Ian Chapman.