Re: FESco meeting summary for 20090507

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 17:44 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2009-05-11, 17:18 GMT, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > but wine is still valid.
>
> Except ... if you really want Windows these days, virtualization
> is probably more viable option (yes, I have Windows 7/build 7100
> in kvm running on x86_64 host).

Legally speaking, you need a valid Windows license to use
virtualization. I have no such license for this PC, and I'm not about to
go out and pay Microsoft a couple hundred dollars to buy one. But I can
use wine to run a few Windows apps / games perfectly legally without it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey