182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue May 12 20:54:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 16:51:12 -0400,
  Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> Ok, well, maybe the right thing is for the DVD images to have the
> installed live RPMs also in RPM form so they can be used as a package
> cache as well.  Or maybe instead we figure out how to reconstruct the
> RPMs from the installed image reliably (not sure what the blockers are
> there).

Storing them separately on the DVD is going to noticeably reduce the amount
of packages that can be put on a DVD image. For some spins that might be OK.
It would really hurt the live games DVD image. (Where I had been trying
to get permission to use 4.7GB instead of 4.3GB.)

This will also significantly increase the bandwidth needed to download the
images.