Re: Downgrading Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 3.0

On 05/12/2009 02:21 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On 05/12/09 21:20, Nathan Grennan wrote:
On 05/12/2009 11:46 AM, Julian Sikorski wrote:
Afaik fetching whole messages (as opposed to headers) for IMAP accounts
was an upstream decision.

I understand, but on the other hand does Fedora want a dozen bug reports
over Thunderbird being useless, because of a crappy default?

Well, imap-over-slow-internet-links without aggressive local caching
just doesn't fly. I really like the new 3.0beta behavior.

/me used the good old SyncOnArrival extention before (with hacked
version check so the 1.5 version works with 2.0 ...).

Different usage patterns are at play. I do imap over fast internet connections, but then internet would be slow compared to during it across a LAN. I would think your folders aren't that big, because syncing huge folders would be horrible. Another thing that may be at play is the switch of the default from no sync to sync. So I didn't use syncing before, and so it wasn't a little at a time. Instead it was gigabytes all at once. Plus tens of thousands of messages at once.