Update -> no sound

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:25:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 04:52:19PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:33:40AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >On 05/13/2009 12:16 AM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> >> We have a website: https://fedorahosted.org/fedoracommunity/
> >> We have wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCommunity
> >> We have regular weekly meetings (telephone) that are open to all
> >> interested parties (Mondays at 10 AM Eastern, 1400 UTC, Fedora Talk, ext
> >> 2001)
> >> We have an open code repository:
> >> https://fedorahosted.org/fedoracommunity/browser
> >>
> >> In fact, I think the only thing we're missing is a Silo. ;)
> >
> >Good to know all this but there is definitely a big lack of
> >communication on this development with the rest of the Fedora community.
> >There was a very brief mail to fedora-announce list but how much input
> >are you getting input from Fedora maintainers whose job this is supposed
> >to make easier?
>
> Yes, they are.  I've been asked several questions myself.  Spot maintains
> an ungodly number of packages.  I think they're getting plenty of input.
>
> Please, enough with the lack of communication.  Not every project needs a big
> massive PR campaign or huge call for participation.  Particularly in the
> extremely early design phases where most of the degenerates into bike shedding
> and pony wanting.  I'd rather see a somewhat usable tool be announced than
> have to read another 300 emails about what someone's idea of Fedora should be.

I hope no one will mind, though, that the Fedora Marketing team has
been preparing information on Moksha and Fedora Community to drive
some additional interest around the public beta:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Moksha_in_Fedora_11
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_Talking_Points

Rahul, I'm not sure I understand what your purpose is in this
particular sub-thread.  As far as I can see, everyone here is trying
their hardest, and succeeding, at Doing It Right, and your issue is
primarily that either you didn't see the announcement or don't have
time to read all the material personally.

No shame in being merely human like everyone else.  I'm not even on
the Moksha list myself, because as fascinating and awesome as I think
it is, I'm just out of cycles.  So I'm doing what I can by
participating in the Marketing team's work to make sure people know
what the project is, and its capabilities.  Let's not waste time and
breath beating up on people, most especially those undeserving of it.