Re: SPARC Status (Was Re: Secondary Architecture Status?)

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
It likely is something worth looking into, but based on my experiences with Fedora on my netbook, I am having doubts compiler optimizations alone are worth a "secondary arch".

At least on my netbook, neither "speed" or "space" (mine has a disk) are actual problems.

Is for me! :-) But I don't think -Os is the solution; the problems tend to be long dep-chains and data (and especially, the intersection of both*).
Do I understand correctly, your issue is disk-space? Are you installing to a (slow?) small solid state disk? How big is it?

However, I would not understand issues related to cpu-speed, because my own netbook (Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 1 60GHz, 1 GB RAM) easily outperforms older machines I have around.

Ralf